Friday, April 22, 2011

Icicle Radishes!! The Harvest




The little baby icicle radishes are ready to harvest.  They are so leafy and green and according to the seed packet... they're ready to go!



Goodbye radish plants

First sneak peak at the harvest
There were some significant size differences between the radishes.  I think with as big and bushy as the greens got, we could have weeded them out more and given them more space.  But there were many of them that were a great radish size.
The bigger and the smaller of the harvest

I love the beautiful white color of the Icicles.  They look so fresh and perky with the greens and white.

I'm not sure I'm that big a fan of the taste of radishes to begin with, but they grow fast and can be started in the cool spring and were a wonderful way to inaugurate ourselves as farmers.  It's a little embarrassing how much joy I got from seeing our little seeds all grown up.  Like magic!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't be embarrassed! And I hope you share a radish recipe. I'm still too chicken to plant them since I've never liked them either. Then again, I never "liked" a lot of vegetables until I tasted them fresh!

    ReplyDelete