Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Operation Hollyhock

While Bill was out unloading mammoth shovels of gardening soil out of the back of the Big Red pick up, I told him I was going to take a moment to "weed the front bed".  Secretly I went to go plant some Hollyhocks we picked up at Home Depot.  I got really excited picking out all the seeds and went a little overboard.  But these guys, with the super tall growing stalks would look nice growing in front of the porch.  I think of Bill's house style as a cute "urban cottage" that could handle some charming flowers out front.  So why not give it a shot?  Plant now, ask forgiveness later?
The first dig

So to convey my master scheme, I've created a little before-and-after visualization for you.  See what you think:
Expected After
Before


















Understandably, the "After" picture might not look exactly like the hollyhocks would.  Just a guess.  

Also we've discussed a more cohesive "plan" for the front bed, rather than just a few bushes and whatever else we like to stick in there, and came to the conclusion Maybe Next Year.  And for now we'll just have fun seeing whatever comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment