Tuesday, April 5, 2011

100 Mile Walk

Finally, the gorgeous weather returns to Nashville!!!  Only for a couple days, but we'll take what we can get before any tornado watches.  Bill and I woke up bright and early (kind of) to conquer the day (yard) and took a break for a teensy hike down to the Bicentennial Mall to check our the Mayor's kick off to Nashville Walk 100 Miles.  Mayor Karl Dean is encouraging each Nashvillian to put 100 miles on the treads of his or her shoes between April 2 and July 9th.
Nashville Mayor Karl Dean
in the Bicentennial Ampitheater
The Challenge is two fold - to improve the health in Tennesseans (we're the 3rd fattest state in the nation) as well as promoting Nashville's awesome parks and greenways.  I miss the mountains and being able to get away and hike easily, but Percy Warner and Edwin Warner perfect places to get my fix.  And I fall in love with our city a little bit every time I see a program that brings the town together to make us just a little bit better.  Here's how Channel 4 covered the kick-off.

As of Monday night, I'm up to 7.4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment