Friday, May 13, 2011

CSA Christmas Came Early!

Our official shares of our CSA (Consumer Supported Agriculture) from Bell's Bend aren't slated to begin until next week, but we got a little surprise in our inbox this week... a notice that the STRAWBERRIES had come in early and if we wanted some, they were ours to pick up!  I was chomping at the bit to see the farm anyway, so I took a detour running errands and picked up a basket of bright red strawberries.  Not only were they delicious, the biggest difference was the color of the insides.  While I'm used to the store-bought variety with the red-to-pink-to-white in the middle coloring, these berries were bright red all the way through the berry!  Who knew?  So exciting, I can't wait to see what comes in next week!


Also... Tegan and Courtney... I'm finally listening to Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and I'm IN LOVE with it.  The book is so sweet and so inspiring at the same time.  Thank you for the recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment